Sunday, June 14, 2009

Willburrrrr...

08 May 2007 09:45 pm
Wow, I've been so into digital art lately I forgot how fun it is to break out the brushes and paint!

The inspiration was a thing some NG members are putting together, just to catalogue the artistic styles of the community. Each person got a square tile mailed to them to do whatever they want with. Then everyone mails back their tiles and the head dude puts them together in a giant book for the year.

I don't know why, but I had a vision of Wilbur from "Charlotte's Web." I sketched this out, inked it, then put a blue wash over it with diluted acrylics (which smeared the ink to no end), then I went back in with black and white acrylic and touched up the smeared details...I'm really impressed with how it turned out considering not a bit of it has been altered in Photoshop:



I consider it the Mona Lisa of Farm Animal Art. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment