Sunday, June 14, 2009

Brother of Jared Rap

14 May 2009 10:38 pm

Circle and I were just cleaning out our house for our upcoming move and I stumbled across some funny plans for a rap song about the Brother of Jared.

I think I wrote the lyrics with Matt, but I don't really remember.

Anyway, here's a transcription and a scan of the picture I drew to go along with it:


Brother of Jared Rap

Verse 1:
Let's get this story started, let's open the flood gates
It's comin' straight atcha from the 24 gold plates
As you might know it from your sunday school teacher
It's the story of Jared from that funky book of Ether

Those ancients were wicked you know it's not a fable
Tryin' to reach heaven with that great big tow'r a' babel
Nobody quite knows just how adamic sounded
All we know for sure is that their language was confounded


Verse 2:
Jared and his crew, their language wasn't messed
but they were required to move into the wilderness
(Yo Jared, break me off some a dat Deseret...mmm that's suh-weet)

(Uh-uh yo, this is MC Jared on the mic...)
Yo, we been commanded to reach the promised land
With all this water in the way there's just no way we can
The waves are rollin' in and we're without a barge
And in the wilderness we just ain't been livin' large

Yo Jared, have some faith, we're better off than we were
We'll get across or my name ain't Mahonri Moriancumr!

I'll go up to the mountain and get some inspiration
So we can cross the ocean and start a brand new nation

[transition: angelic choir]

Verse 3:
I've been shown the proper way to build each and every ark
the only problem is we'll be goin' in the dark

We can't have windows...We can't have fire...
I'm tellin' ya bro, our ox is in the mire

I been tryin' homie, to think outside the box
the best idea I've had is to use these molten rocks

If I ask with faith, I'm sure you know
with the help of God these stones will glow

[transition: angelic choir]

Outtro:
Let's throw these rocks in our boats without oars
and then take off to the promised land's shores

(Dude, Mahonri, these ships are tiiiiight...like unto a DISH!)

(And the ever-famous chorus)
The dish was too tight
the dish was too tight
gotta cross the ocean
you know it's all right.




It's a very silly song, but still, I'm surprised at the quality. Maybe I'll polish it off and make that cartoon some day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment