Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blogtastic II: Return of the Blogtast

16 Aug 2005 10:42 am
I just dismounted from my bicycle...I think it's working to help me shed some fat (imagine if people shed fat like snakes shed their skin).

This morning it rained before I woke up, so the ride to work was quite nice and cool. The hill is still a killer, but less so than before as my legs increase in muscle to fat ratio.

Which reminds me: On the Discovery channel the other day I saw this special on anorexia. The featured lady got so skinny that she weighed 85 pounds. She looked like someone who had been put in a giant shrink-wrapper and had all her skin shrink-wrapped directly to her skeleton. Then, a couple days later I saw a special on the Discovery channel about this 18 month-old baby who had some rare disease that only 3 other people have ever had diagnosed in history. And (at 18-months mind you) the kid weighed 85 pounds. He was so big he had to wear adult diapers. Imagine pulling a Depends (or "Oops I crapped my pants") off of an 85-pound child who isn't potty trained...Anyway, I just thought, if they were both in high-school wrestling, they'd be in the same weight class...now that would be a site to see...Jon, can you say "Our next video game?"

News from my life:
  • Isabella continues to become more interactive and zany. Circle constantly asks, "Where did she come from?"

  • BuilderHelper is shakily rising from the ground...my opinion is that we'll be successful as long as we all stick with it and tighten our belts for the long haul

  • I'll, hopefully, go back to school for this winter semester

  • Matt went to the Ultimate Combat Experience to fight on Saturday...he lasted 18 seconds until he got a fluke elbow to the face that broke his nose...the fight was called because of all the bleeding...kind of anti-climactic, but it's possible that it happened for some as-yet-undiscovered purpose. He returned to Stockton on Sunday evening to have Ben (his brother who's a Registered Nurse) get him some pain killing meds so he can reset the now crooked nose

  • Hopefully we'll put together something for www.hinckleychallenge.org to create some sort of site where people can share their experiences about reading the Book of Mormon by the end of the year

  • BoMtoons has been getting a lot of good content lately...the Day of the Tentacle game should be quite sweet


  • So, until next time, which might be another couple weeks if I keep my trend.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment