Sunday, June 14, 2009

Preach My Gospel

18 Jul 2005 07:58 pm
For FHE tonight we started reading the new missionary manual "Preach My Gospel." It made me very glad to see that the church has eased up on the strictness of teaching specific discussions in a specific order and has given missionaries more lee-way to be less robotic. The introduction uses the word "flexible" at least 3 or 4 times and specifically says "Do not memorize the entire lesson." So refreshing.

Tonight, for my workout with Matt, we're going bike riding. We've been working out pretty regularly for the last couple weeks (mostly weight-lifting), but have never gone biking before (hopefully I don't split my head open to reveal the pinkish goo inside).

One of my goals is to start biking to work and back every day because I need to do something aerobic regularly if I want to lose the fat I've accumulated since marriage. My motivation has nothing to do with health and everything to do with looking good and increasing my physical self-confidence. I don't necessarily need to impress anyone since I've already found my mate, but there's just something about knowing you're lookin' good.

Circle and I started reading "The Once and Future King" last night. The reason I wanted to get it was solely based on the end of "X-men 2" when Dr. Xavier mentions it to his students. Little did I realize that it's the story of King Arthur. The first couple chapters remind me a lot of the Disney Cartoon "The Sword in the Stone." The first part of the book even carries the same name. The book is A LOT better than the cartoon though. Very random British humor with some very well thought out writing and commentary. I reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment