Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saddle Sore

27 Jul 2005 10:21 pm

So, I got my new bike. It's a Scott Voltage YZ (the picture looks exactly like it). It's pretty awesome...good parts and such...shocks etc. I already took it off some sweet jumps...LUCKY!

So I rode all the way up to rock canyon last night...It was sooo hard...imagine this: A mile of straight uphill riding (ok, not straight, but steeeep)...and a short pudgy guy with glasses on a nice new bike. When I got to the top I had to lean my bike against some rocks and lay down in the road to prevent vomiting...eventually some cars honked at me and I got up. Matt and I rode around on some trails up there, then it was getting dark and I was too tired to keep going. I feel like a wuss, but I guess I have to go through this tough phase to get where I imagined myself to be before I humiliated myself yesterday.

This morning I woke up and rode all the way to work. I estimate it at approx. 6 miles...but only one big uphill part. I felt really accomplished when I finally got there...good way to start my day. The ride back was almost all downhill and it took me through a nicely done bike and walking trail down University Parkway...I was impressed at how well it was put together.

There's only one major side-effect of all this riding...my sore buns...I hope I don't end up with hemmoroids or testicular cancer...my short term hope, though, is that my butt gets used to the new position fairly soon.

May my commitment to bike-riding be longer lived than my commitment to maintaining a consistent blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment