Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vineman

This is kind of old news, but Matt Cochran and I had a ton of fun doing the Vineman triathlon recently.

We took the swim easy, even talking and laughing while we were paddling away. The bike transition was a bit of a joke because they had you run about 200 yards up a hill with your bike in hand and clip-in pedals on foot, so I was slipping and sliding all over the place before I even mounted my bike at the top of the hill. Same story for the way back down the hill to transition to the run.

The run was the hardest part for me. Even though it was only a 5k, running after swimming and biking was pretty tough.

As you can see below, I was number 57...because I've got the special sauce. :)

I took a looong break from exercise after the tri, but now I'm picking things back up for the Spudman in July...it's more than DOUBLE the distance of the Vineman!

Here are some pics of the event:







1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Congrats! We miss you guys! Kind of random, but I used to work with a Matt Cochran :)

    ReplyDelete